After years of reflection, I’ve come to realize that I judge dinner recipes on these 3 simple questions:
- HOW QUICK IS IT TO MAKE?
- HOW HEALTHY (FAT-BURNING) IS IT?
- HOW GOOD DOES IT TASTE?
It’s quite common for a recipe to have one or two favorable answers but be lacking in one of the three categories.
(These Paleo Enchiladas taste spectacular and are definitely healthy and fat burning, BUT I can’t whip up a batch in the 20 minute span between Andrew’s football practice and Chloe’s guitar lesson…these grain-free Chicken Nuggets are addicting and free of the typical chicken nugget toxins, but unless I make a big batch on the weekend to freeze and reheat during the week, there’s simply no time to make them from scratch on a weeknight.)
And then there are those rare unicorn dinner recipes that possess all 3 of the perfect answers: It’s FAST, HEALTHY, AND TANTALIZING! A trifecta!!!
This recipe for Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken is one such unicornesque recipe. It only takes 5 minutes of prep. It’s as healthy and fat burning as can be. It tastes so good you’ll lick the plate and go back for more.
Drop the mic.
(And then plan when you’ll make this phenomenal recipe again. And again. And again.)
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- sea salt
- black pepper
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- ½ cup natural ketchup (no added sugar)
- ¼ cup raw honey, melted
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- *optional sesame seeds for garnish
- Generously salt and pepper the chicken thighs. Place in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Combine the coconut aminos, ketchup, honey, garlic and dried basil. Pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Garnish with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Serve over Cauliflower Rice <<==You’ll find multiple cauliflower rice recipes at this link!