Pear and balsamic vinegar make quite the flavor combination. It’s tangy and sweet, all at the same time. Add to that the savory pizza dough and Dairy-Free Cheese Spread, and well, you’ve just taken me to flavor heaven. I’m going to stay awhile.
Pear and Balsamic Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 425 ̊F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar and coconut palm sugar in a saucepan. Mix well. Bring to a simmer. Cook until the mixture becomes thick and syrupy—about 5 minutes.
- Place the onion, thyme, and olive oil in a small skillet. Cook over medium heat until the onions are soft. Sprinkle the salt over the onions in the skillet. Cook for 2 more minutes then remove from heat.
- Thinly slice the pear and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- Arrange a pre-baked pizza crust on your prepared baking sheet. Spread the Dairy-Free Cheese Spread evenly over the crust. Use your fingers! Top with the cooked thyme onions. Top with the sliced pears. Top with chopped pecans. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme and a drizzle of the balsamic syrup. Enjoy!
- ¾ cup blanched almond flour
- 3 Tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot starch and sea salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- In a small bowl combine the water, egg, olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Mix well and add to the dry ingredients. Mix and form into a dough ball.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 15 minutes in the fridge. Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper. Cover with another piece of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough into a pizza crust shape.
- Pinch the edges of the dough to form a crust. Place the dough and parchment paper on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, until golden. Load up with your favorite toppings, bake for another 5 minutes, and then enjoy!
Calories: 163 Fat: 11g Carbohydrates: 14g Sodium: 113mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 5g