January is my month for cleansing – always has been and probably always will be. I know, I know, it’s so cliché, but it feels so good. There’s a need to restore balance after the overindulgence that the holidays bring – to release the extra toxins and calories that we picked up over the past 6 weeks.
My go-to cleansing technique is to replace 1 to 2 daily meals with protein shakes and to fill up on a dinner that’s packed with fiber. Fresh, nutrient filled veggies are loaded with fiber that get right to work on restoring your digestive equilibrium. Fresh pressed green juice throughout the day is also an important part of my cleansing process.
This is my cleanse salad, filled with loads of crunchy healthy veggies like kale, red cabbage, Brussels sprouts and broccoli. For the dressing I’ve combined a handful of light ingredients that are lightly sweetened with stevia and flavor boosted with finely grated onion. It’s a cleanse in a bowl! And I dare say you’ll feel better after just one bite 😉
PS: If you’re not cleansing, and just want a really tasty salad, then feel free to add in roasted pepitas and dried cranberries for a little extra kick. Enjoy!
- ¼ cup Muscat Sherry Vinegar (or other light vinegar)
- ½ teaspoon stevia powder
- 2 Tablespoons yellow onion, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard powder
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 bunch kale, chopped into thin ribbons
- ½ head red cabbage, chopped into thin ribbons
- 10 Brussels Sprouts, chopped into thin ribbons
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into thin ribbons
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small jar then make like Taylor Swift and shake, shake, shake 🙂
- Combine all of the finely chopped roughage into a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Enjoy a big bowl and instantly feel sexier! Heehee