You’ll never miss traditional rice once you try this fiber-filled cauliflower rice recipe! The addition of butternut squash, kale and walnuts really amps up the flavor and the heartiness of this tasty side dish.
If you’re new to Cauliflower Rice, start by watching this How-To Video that I made on shredding the cauliflower. The concept is really simple: we take a head of cauliflower, cut it into little florets and then run it through a food processor that has the grating attachment on. This shredded cauliflower has the look and consistency of traditional, white rice, while being lower in carbs, calories and filled with vitamins and minerals.
There are literally endless ways to dress up cauliflower rice, and I never seem to tire of coming up with new variations. Here are my favorites thus far…
- Classic Cauliflower Rice
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Shiitake Stir Fried Cauliflower Rice
- Orange Spiced Cauliflower Rice
- Pomegranate Cauliflower Rice
- Wild Cauliflower Rice
- Sweet & Sour Cauliflower Rice
- Classic Stir Fried Cauliflower Rice
This recipe combines tender butternut squash and vibrant kale in a cauliflower rice that’s oh-so satisfying. I’ll walk you through making this recipe in the video below…Enjoy!
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary or sage, minced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup kale, chopped into thin ribbons
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Peel, seed and chop the butternut squash. Combine the squash with the fresh rosemary or sage leaves, garlic and half of olive oil. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the onion in skillet with other Tablespoon of olive oil. Shred the cauliflower and add to pan. Season with salt and pepper, add the kale and cook until soft.
- Combine the butternut squash with the rice and walnuts. Enjoy!