When I enter the kitchen it’s never with a recipe in hand, only a blank notebook and pen. I have a clear picture in my mind about what I want to make and trust my instincts to get me there. Some of the recipes don’t make it off the note page…others turn out delicious and get posted here with a pretty picture…and once in awhile something magical happens and a recipe is created that is PURE MAGIC. It takes on a life and a force of its own…These Chocolate Coconut Cookies are one such recipe!
I’ll walk you through the step-by-step of making these AMAZING cookies in the video below and for this recipe and more like it check out my best selling cookbook The Recipe Hacker available on Amazon and bookstores worldwide!
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup dark chocolate 73% cocoa or higher
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the shredded coconut, almond flour and sea salt. In another medium bowl combine ½ cup melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract and beaten eggs. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix.
- Form round, golf-ball sized, balls with the cookie dough. Place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool for 20 minutes then place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler. Simply place the chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan and place that into a larger saucepan that has a couple of inches of water over medium heat. Mix constantly until smooth.
- Dip the chilled cookies in the melted, dark chocolate, then place on a parchment lined plate. Drizzle dark chocolate across the tops of the cookies. Place back in the fridge until the chocolate hardens — about 15 minutes. Enjoy!