You know what my problem is? I’m a huge foodie. Not huge as in physically huge, but huge as in fanatical…though if I let myself eat to my heart’s content I’d quickly become physically huge too.
I daydream about scenarios like eating Chinese take-out every night without any repercussions. You have to admit, it would save us the time spent making dinner and would keep our taste buds excited with a plethora of flavors. Then reality sets in and I remember that Chinese take-out has all those greasy carbs, soy, MSG, sugar and traditional rice and a strict Chinese-Take-Out-Diet would quickly lead to weight gain, bloated belly syndrome and lethargy.
But I don’t stop there….because I still really want my Chinese Take-Out Fantasy to come true. Now I’m locked on. I need healthy Chinese Take-Out!!! So I decide to create my favorite take out recipes with only wholesome ingredients. No soy, no grains, no sugar, no gluten and no dairy. Ahhh some fantasies do come true…
And also Broccoli and Beef! Check out the quick video below and I’ll walk you through this quick and tasty recipe…
- ⅔ cup coconut aminos
- 1½ Tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup filtered water
- 3 Tablespoons raw honey
- 3 Tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 4 cups organic broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1.5 lbs grassfed rib eye, flank skirt or minute steak, cut into very thin strips
- In a medium bowl combine the coconut aminos, ginger, garlic, water, syrup and arrowroot. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, on high, in a large skillet or wok. Add the green onions and broccoli, saute for 5 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and stir-fry the steak until almost done, about 4 minutes.
- Return the veggies to the skillet and add the sauce. Heat until the sauce boils and thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Serve over Stir Fried Cauliflower rice.