Cobb salad is one of my favorite things to order at restaurants. It has so many flavors and textures all combined in one plate! Crazy thing is that a fully loaded Cobb Salad with all the fixings and dressing can end up with more calories than a burger and fries! (emoji shocked face)
That’s why I’ve come up with this lightened version of a Cobb Salad to enjoy at home. Yes, it’s missing many of the main components of a traditional Cobb, but I feel that the flavors really shine through in a way that fulfills even the toughest Cobb craving. It really doesn’t require dressing once you combine all of these real food, wholesome ingredients. The fresh basil and green onions really amp up the flavor!
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 hard boiled egg, minced
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Combine all of the ingredients on your plate. Enjoy!
Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs…
Wondering how to properly hard boil an egg? It’s one of those kitchen skills that’s really handy to have, and (thankfully!) it’s really easy to get the hang of it. Here’s how…
- Place raw eggs in a single layer at the bottom of a pot. Cover with 2 inches of cold water. Place the pot over high heat and bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Turn off the heat, cover the pot, and leave it on the burner. Leave it sitting for 12 minutes.
- Pour the hot water out of the pot and run cold water over the eggs to cool them quickly. Store in a closed container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Enjoy!