I did NOT expect to slurp down my bowl of soup, lick the bottom of the bowl, and then go for seconds….
I’m not quite sure how to explain the amazing, comforting, satisfying quality to this soup. It could be the tasty sautéed leeks, shallots and garlic. Or maybe it’s the combination of these flavors in addition to the asparagus flavor. Needless to say, this is one cleansing, light meal that is completely worth your time to make and enjoy.
Just don’t be surprised when you go back for seconds!
- In a soup pot, place the broth over low heat.
- In a large skillet, place the olive oil over med-high heat. Add the shallots and leeks, cook stirring often for about 5 minutes, until tender. Add the garlic and continue to cook while you prepare the asparagus.
- Wash the asparagus, chop off and discard the woody end of the stalks. Chop the remainder of the asparagus into 2-inch pieces. Add to the skillet, along with the salt and white pepper, and mix well. Continue to cook for another 8 minutes, until quite tender.
- Add the cooked asparagus mixture to the pot of broth. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and use an immersion blender to blend the mixture until smooth. Return to heat and simmer until you are ready to serve.
- For garnish, add a spoonful of coconut cream and a sprinkle of fresh dill. Enjoy!