Take a minute to answer the question. Why do you care about healthy eating? Dig down deep and be honest with yourself.
It’s important that you know the big reason why healthy eating is important to you — because that’s what will get you through those days when eating healthy just doesn’t seem worth your time. Let’s face it, eating healthy takes longer, costs more and at times feels anything but easy. So why do you do it?
My big reason why is simple. I want to give my kids the best nutrition possible to fuel their growing bodies. I want to instill in them a love for wholesome, real food ingredients that they’ll carry with them for the rest of their lives. That’s what keeps me on track and fills me with motivation.
A secondary reason is that healthy food tastes so much better than processed, cheap food. I honestly don’t know how some of the processed items out there can really even be called “food”. Chemical flavors, ultra-processed grains and sugars…it’s a sad imitation of real nutrition.
Embrace your healthy eating motivation and celebrate it by making this real food Salmon Noodle Bowl!
- 4 zucchini
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3rds
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 (6oz) salmon fillets, skin off
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 red bell peppers, roasted and chopped
- Peel the zucchini and run through a spiral slicer to create long, thin noodles.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Drop the asparagus into the water and remove after a few minutes, when it becomes a darker shade of green.
- Combine the Dijon, honey, ginger and sesame oil in a small bowl. Rinse the salmon fillets and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper then cover with the Dijon mixture. Grill until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Once cooled, cut into bite sized pieces.
- In a small bowl combine the dressing ingredients.
- Assemble each serving with a pile of noodles, a sprinkling of asparagus and roasted pepper, ¼ of the salmon pieces and a drizzle of the dressing. Enjoy!