What do you do when you’re craving a savory pepperoni pizza, but you don’t want to fall off the healthy eating bandwagon? Both delivery and DiGiorno are off limits, my friend, and you’re better off avoiding these grain+dairy filled pizzas anyways. Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered with this simple, wholesome and awesome grain and dairy-free pizza recipe.
My kids love this pizza! The creamy cashew cheese makes it feel like you’re eating real cheese without any actual dairy. And fresh basil really takes it over the top!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot starch and sea salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- Combine the water, egg, olive oil and vinegar in another bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones. Mix and form into a dough ball.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 15 minutes in the fridge. Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper.
- Cover with another piece of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough into a pizza crust shape.
- Pinch the edges of the dough to form a crust. Place the dough and parchment paper on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, until golden.
- Spread the cashew cream cheese over the crust. Top with pizza sauce, pepperoni slices, chopped basil and a sprinkle of more cashew cream cheese. Bake for 8 more minutes. Enjoy!
Want more recipes like this? Click here for my popular Family Friendly Fat Burning Meals Program — available for instant download at purchase!
Guess what? Crash diets don’t work. I would know, since I tried them all before turning to a diet of simple, real, wholesome foods. Don’t starve yourself. Don’t drink chalky diet shakes. Don’t experiment with diet pills or potions. Don’t choke down meal replacement bars. Those products sell you hope, which feels nice, but in the end you’re out some money and you’re just as frustrated as before.
There is no diet that will do what eating healthy does. Skip the diet. Just eat real, wholesome food. Start with this Pepperoni Pizza.