There are few flavor combinations that I love more than mint and chocolate! Especially as a refreshing frozen treat on a hot summer’s day.
This dessert recipe is a product of my raw vegan days, as so many of my summer dessert recipes are. No need to turn on a hot oven for this refreshing treat — just need a good food processor and an ice cream maker. Enjoy!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup dates, pitted
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Combine all of the crust ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Press into 6 mini foil pie pans.
- Chill the cans of coconut milk overnight. Turn the cans over and use a can opener to remove the bottom of the cans. Carefully drain the liquid, then scoop out the creamy coconut.
- Place the creamy coconut from each can in a high speed blender, along with the frozen bananas, coconut palm sugar and peppermint extract.
- Pour the coconut mixture into an ice cream machine, until frozen and creamy.
- Smooth the ice cream into the mini crusts. Top with a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips and a mint sprig. Serve immediately or keep in the freezer. Enjoy!