Real Healthy Coconut Chocolate Cookies….THE BEST EVER!

Chocolate Dipped Paleo Macaroon Recipe

These are honestly the best cookies I’ve ever made!

Most of us are creatures of habit. We eat pretty much the same foods over and over and over…

• You have your go-to fast dinner place where you order the same thing. For me it used to be a burrito bowl from Los Primos or fish tacos from Senor Baja.
  • You have your favorite packaged snack selections, which you keep stocked in your house. My weakness used to be Pirate’s Booty, Snapea Crisps and popcorn.
  • You make the same basic repertoire of breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert recipes that you make at home.
  • You have your favorite indulgent meals that you turn to in times of stress and relaxation. We used to order take out from Chopstix House or pizza from BJs.

When I switched over to eating only real food, my eating habits didn’t change – I still had a go-to fast meal, my favorite quick snacks, basic meal recipes and even favorite indulgences.

The only difference is that my new “same foods” don’t promote weight gain and are better for me.

It’s really cool when you begin to love the new, real food options more than your old unhealthy ones.

Take these Real Healthy Coconut Chocolate Cookies, for example. You probably have a favorite traditional cookie, one filled with cane sugar and white flour. I know I used to looove making classic Toll House cookies. However, this recipe for grain and cane-sugar free cookies taste just as good (even better!) than those old favorites.

So you can have your cookie, eat it too, and get leaner and healthier in the process 🙂 Enjoy!

Chocolate coconut cookies recipe

Real Healthy Coconut Chocolate Cookies….THE BEST EVER!

For the Cookies:
Dark Chocolate

1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium bowl combine the shredded coconut, almond flour and sea salt. In another medium bowl combine ½ cup melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract and beaten eggs. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix.
  3. Form round, golf-ball sized, balls with the cookie dough. Place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool for 20 minutes then place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
  4. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler. Simply place the chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan and place that into a larger saucepan that has a couple of inches of water over medium heat. Mix constantly until smooth.
  5. Dip the chilled cookies in the melted, dark chocolate, then place on a parchment lined plate. Drizzle dark chocolate across the tops of the cookies. Place back in the fridge until the chocolate hardens — about 15 minutes. Enjoy!

Serving size: 1 Cookie     Calories: 103     Fat: 15     Carbohydrates: 8     Sodium: 20     Fiber: 3     Protein: 2

Comments

• Lisa Spears April 21, 2014 at 5:23 pm

making these right now, and the batter is so good, I could eat it raw. Can’t wait until they are cooked. I won’t be getting the 36 that you say, because a golf ball size is pretty big.

• Diana April 21, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Good point, to get 36 it’s more like a Tablespoon of dough than a full sized golf ball 🙂 These cookies turn out good big or small, so feel free to make whatever size you enjoy most.

• Carrie April 24, 2014 at 1:05 am

Making them right now. Are you supposed to press them down after making them into golf ball size? It doesn’t say?

• Diana April 24, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Hi Carrie,
      Yes, you can press the cookies down a bit.

• Michaela April 30, 2014 at 1:11 pm

These were delicious! First gluten- free cookie recipe my whole family actually loved, thank you!

• Diana April 30, 2014 at 4:16 pm

That’s great! Thanks for sharing Michaela!

• Christine June 27, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Hi Diana, love this recipe! My sisters, who are not gluten free, have asked for the recipe. How could the recipe be changed so that they can bake it too, or something similar?

• Diana June 29, 2014 at 5:52 am

Hi Christine,
      The great thing about this recipe is that you don’t have to be “gluten-free” to love it. I would have them make it exactly as is — they won’t miss the gluten at all 🙂

• Asima Iqbal July 31, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Hi,

Can I just check if it is 186 calories PER cookie? Did I read that right?? There are a few recipes I have seen now which have a very high calorific value given the relatively small ‘serving’ size. Have I misunderstood something?

I would be grateful if you could please clarify…

Thanks 🙂

• Diana June 7, 2016 at 4:37 pm

Hi Asima,

I apologize for any confusion it is 103 calories per cookie.

Serving size: 1 Cookie Calories: 103 Fat: 15 Carbohydrates: 8 Sodium: 20 Fiber: 3 Protein: 2

• Brett Deutscher December 10, 2014 at 3:36 am

WOW! Terrific! Don’t let gluten eating people near them-they may switch over! Ha! I had someone tell me today they ONLY eat gluten containing items. Too bad!
    Thanks Diana! Great work! More for us!

• Diana December 10, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Lol, thanks Brett 🙂 Enjoy!

• Maria May 6, 2015 at 10:58 pm

Oh my these are amazing. The texture of the cookie is to die for and the chocolate coating sends them over the top. I will most definitely be making these again.

• Diana May 7, 2015 at 12:43 am