Apples are filled with fiber (both soluble and insoluble), vitamins and flavonoids. These superfood properties help to lower cholesterol, keep you regular, and reduces your risk of heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes and asthma! No wonder they say that an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
And while health benefits are awesome, it’s one of the best side effects of a real food diet, let’s face it — taste is what we really care about! Because if it doesn’t taste good then no one really wants to eat it.
These fun, Apple Ring Pancakes not only pack in the health benefits of fresh apples, they also taste amazing! Give it a try and let me know how you like it — I’ll show you how simple these are to make in the video below…
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup flax meal
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ banana
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice and zest
- 3 green apples, washed, cored, and cut into six slices
- Preheat a pancake griddle and lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the apple slices, in a food processor and mix until fully combined. Pour the batter into a shallow bowl.
- Dip each sliced apple ring into the batter, and rub to fully cover it. Transfer to the preheated griddle and cook as you would a regular pancake. Repeat with all of the apple slices. Serve with a little sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy!