I can’t think of a more comforting way to start the day than with a warm stack of fluffy pancakes, a drizzle of pure maple syrup and a piping hot cup of coffee.
It’s pure love, in food form.
While there are many recipes out there for gluten+grain-free pancakes, very few can be described as ‘fluffy’. This bothered me, since texture and consistency are just as important to one’s eating experience as taste.
After plenty of experimentation, I found that adding a full Tablespoon of baking powder, and cooking the pancakes while covered with a lid really cranked up the fluffiness factor.
Serve these fluffy cakes warm and with love …any time of day. Enjoy!
- 5 organic eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk, canned, full fat
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice and zest
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries, organic, fresh or frozen
- In a food processor combine all of the ingredients except the berries. Blend until smooth. Fold the berries into the batter.
- Grease a large skillet or pancake griddle with coconut oil and place over medium heat. Place ¼ cup scoops of batter onto the skillet, cover with a glass lid, and cook until bubbles form. Remove the lid, flip each pancake and then replace the lid and cook for another minute, until golden on both sides. Cooking with the lid on really helps your pancakes reach amazingly fluffy heights!