Bread is a huge part of our food culture. Some form of bread is included in nearly all restaurant and home cooked meals. We grew up eating bread, and we give our kids bread. Bread is part of who we are.
So what do you do when you figure out that grains (bread) doesn’t belong in a truly healthy diet? Throw out your bread box and be done with it?
Well, that approach would work, but I’d rather adapt my bread recipes by using real food ingredients and leaving the grains out. This way there’s still a slice of something warm and soft to be eaten with dinner, and I can still make French Toast on the weekends.
Yes, you can still enjoy a slice of bread while avoiding grains and gluten. This moist bread is made with almond meal, which gives it a delicious nutty flavor. My kids love this in their lunches spread with peanut-butter and fruit-only jelly, and B says this is one of his all-time favorites.
It only takes about 5 minutes to prepare and then 45 mins to bake. I’ll show you just how easy this recipe is in the video below:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Generously grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs then add honey and vinegar. Add the wet ingredients to dry ones and mix until fully combined.
- Fill prepared loaf pan, smooth the top of the dough. Bake for 45 mins or until golden brown.
- Loosen side of bread immediately after removing from oven, then allow to cool completely before removing from pan.