Meat balls make a wonderful, healthy snack and these Ham Balls in Barbecue Sauce take regular meat balls to a whole new level. This dish has a satisfying, comfort-food feeling to it.
These Ham Balls are ahhh-ma-zing! Serve it as an appetizer, eat it as a snack, or throw a few on top of a pile of greens for a delicious, light meal. It’s crazy how quickly these things disappear!
- 2 beaten eggs
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup flax meal
- ½ cup onion, finely minced
- 2 Tablespoons coconut milk, canned, full fat
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 12 oz ground cooked ham
- 12 oz ground raw pork
- ⅓ cup coconut palm sugar
- ⅔ cup organic, no-sugar-added ketchup
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl combine eggs, almond flour, flax meal, onion, coconut milk, Dijon, and pepper. Add ground ham and ground pork; mix well. Shape into 18 balls, using about ¼ cup mixture for each ball. Place ham balls in a lightly greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
- In a bowl combine coconut palm sugar, ketchup, vinegar, and Dijon. Stir until the coconut palm sugar dissolve. Pour a spoonful over each ham ball.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven about 35 minutes or until done. Transfer ham balls to a serving platter and enjoy!