No Bake Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Bars

Delicious recipe for no bake banana chocolate chip protein bars

This may just be the perfect power snack!

Quick, no bake protein bars that are gluten free, and only contain wholesome ingredients? AND it comes with a drizzle of dark chocolate? Yes please!

If you saw my post on Facebook then you know that, in addition to this scrumptious Banana Chocolate Chip,  I have 3 more delicious flavors up my sleeve. You’ll be seeing those recipes very soon. I’m officially obsessed with this yummy dessert-like, protein-packed snack!

Best gluten free recipe for protein bars

Which flavor will be your favorite? I love all 4…

The key to delicious protein bars is in the quality of the protein that you use. And when it comes to high quality protein powder there’s one company that is head and shoulders above the rest…BioTRUST.

B and I have known Joel Marion, the cofounder of BioTRUST, for years, and if there’s one thing that he’s passionate about it’s making the highest quality of protein and supplements. In fact, here’s the commitment that he’s made to his customers:

1. Using only top-quality, all-natural ingredients that are free from hormones, antibiotics, artificial sweeteners, colors, flavors and preservatives.
  2. Products that work because they contain the precise Scientific Dose of each key ingredient for real results.
  3. Strict quality control measures that ensure each and every BioTrust product meets label claims and is guaranteed potent and pure.

Learn more about Joel’s high quality protein powders here.

Enjoy this recipe for No Bake Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Bars and stay tuned for 3 more ahhhhhh-mazing flavors 🙂

No Bake Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Bars

1. In a medium bowl combine the protein powder and coconut flour.
  2. In another medium bowl mash the bananas. Add the coconut milk, water and vanilla, mix until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. If the batter is dry then add a few more drops of water. Mix in the chocolate chips.
  3. Line a freezer-safe plate with wax paper. Form the dough into 10 bars. Place on the wax paper and put in the freezer for 20 minutes.
  4. In a double boiler over medium-low heat (make your own by placing a small saucepan directly in a skillet that has few Tablespoons of water) melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil.
  5. Remove the bars from the freezer and drizzle or dip in the melted dark chocolate. Return to the freezer for 10 minutes until the chocolate has hardened.
  6. I suggest storing these bars in the freezer — Then simply allow to defrost slightly before enjoying!

Serving size: 1 bar     Calories: 183     Fat: 6     Carbohydrates: 11     Sugar: 6     Sodium: 99     Fiber: 5     Protein: 18
Delicious recipe for banana chocolate chip protein bars

If you love banana and chocolate than me then these no bake protein bars are for you!

Comments

• 4 Healthy Protein Ba November 1, 2013 at 1:25 pm

[…] Healthy Protein Bar #2: No Bake Banana Chocolate Chip (realhealthyrecipes.com) […]

• Caitlyn April 9, 2014 at 3:08 pm

I tried making a double recipe of this and ended up with a batter, not a dough. Even after adding another 1 1/2 cups of protein powder, another cup of flour, and some ground flax meal, it was a thick batter, not a dough. I was making these for our girls powerlifting team since we were traveling to Florida this weekend for a meet and don’t think they’ll survive out of the freezer.
    Recommendations? What did I do wrong?

• Caitlyn April 9, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Recommendations? What did I do wrong?
    It tastes good but I wouldn’t make it again unless I can get that dough consistency..I ended up using almost 4 cups of protein powder

• Diana April 9, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Hi Caitlyn,
      Oh dear, that’s not good! It can be tricky to double a recipe, since ingredient measurements can get skewed. My best advice is to stick with making one batch at a time to make sure that the consistency turns out correct. Good luck at your meet!

• Lisa Spears April 21, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Me and my husband LOVE these healthy treats. They are so good, we eat them for dessert.

• Diana April 21, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Hi Lisa,
      Thanks for sharing! So glad to hear you like this recipe!

• Mad July 27, 2014 at 4:05 am

These look great! Would love the recipe for the Pumpkin Spice and Tropical Mango ones, too! 🙂

• Natasha June 6, 2015 at 5:23 pm

I just made these and I agree with the previous poster. I followed the recepie instructions exactly and the battery was very very runny. I nearly doubled the protein and coconut flour and they were still very runny. I couldn’t form them into bars at all. I lined a pan and placed them in the freezer hoping that I can cut them into bars. I will let you know how they turn out.

• Diana June 8, 2015 at 5:50 pm

Hi Natasha,
      I’m sorry to hear that the recipe didn’t turn out just right for you. Adding some more protein powder and coconut flour if the batter is runny was a good idea. Hope that it worked out once you froze them!

• Mary Giberson January 8, 2016 at 10:28 pm

Are you supposed to use canned full fat coconut milk or coconut milk from a carton? This could be the reason for runny results if they used carton coconut milk when its supposed to be the canned thick coconut milk. Just a thought!

• Diana January 11, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Hi Mary I use canned full cat coconut milk. Thank you for the comment and Happy Cooking! 🙂

• weight loss protein May 31, 2016 at 12:27 am

Thanks to my father who shared with me about this webpage, this
    web site is in fact amazing.