In a perfect world we would all happily eat chicken breast and veggies for dinner each night. There would be no rice or bread on the table, no sugar, beans or potatoes. Simply a luscious side of protein with a generous serving of nutrient-dense veggies.
Only that would get boring really fast, right?
Maybe not! This recipe dresses up chicken and veggies so cleverly that you’ll feel like you’re eating full-on, grain-filled, naughty Chinese takeout! The stir fried rice made with cauliflower, instead of grain, mimics traditional rice in an uncanny way.
This meal comes together in about 30 minutes, including the rice-making, so feel free to fit it into your busy weeknight rotation. This is a meal that truly satisfies. Enjoy!
- 1 pound organic, boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut in half and then into 2 inch segments
- 2 heads baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- ¾ cup chicken broth (divided)
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 Tablespoons ume plum vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 ripe, organic mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 batch of Real Healthy Fried Rice
- Rinse the chicken and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions, sauté for about 10 minutes, until soft. Add the broccoli, carrots and chicken and cook an additional 10 minutes. Add the bok choy and zucchini. After 5 minutes add ¼ cup of chicken broth, cover, and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining ½ cup chicken broth, arrowroot, sesame oil, vinegar and coconut aminos. Add the seasoned mixture to the skillet, along with the chopped mango, and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and serve with Real Healthy Fried Rice. Enjoy!