A few weeks ago I posted a snapshot up on Facebook of a bag of Ginger Snap Super Cookies that I was snacking on and quickly the comments and likes poured in. You guys wanted to get your hands on some! And while I did add the snack to my online Amazon store, I also wanted to give you a quick and easy recipe for a homemade version.
Don’t get me wrong, the store-bought version is good. Really good. But, as with all organic, whole foods packaged snacks, it costs an arm and a leg. So, save yourself some dough and have some fun by making your own Ginger Snap Super Cookies!
Also, play around with the amount of ginger juice that you add. This stuff gets really spicy, really fast! If you like the spice, then more power to you, but beware if you’re making this as a snack for the kids.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
- **NOTE: if you want to make this recipe raw then turn your dehydrator on to 105 degrees F.**
- Discard the dates soaking water. Place the dates in a food processor. Pulse for 30 seconds.
- Add the sesame seeds, coconut and ginger root juice. Pulse until fully combined and smooth.
- Form small, flattened balls using about 1 Tablespoon of dough. Place on the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden and crispy, OR place in the dehydrator for 12 hours. Enjoy!