Cure Your Junk Food Craving

The recipe hacker book

Available on Amazon.com and in bookstores worldwide

If you don’t eat junk you won’t crave junk.

This quote is so true.

A few months ago I gave up all processed foods. The first few weeks were brutal. In addition to the need-for-caffeine-headache, I had intense cravings for popcorn (my old favorite snack food), sweet wine and fried fish tacos.

And then something amazing happened.

After two weeks the cravings completely stopped. Completely. Stopped.

Now it’s been 4 months since I’ve tasted junk food and I have zero desire for it.

You can do the same. It may sound extreme to give up all junk food, but it’s actually much easier than simply limiting the junk food you eat. When you limit your intake of junk food your body will still crave it – then your relationship with food becomes a struggle.

A big part of my success is that I indulge in healthy versions of salty snacks, comfort foods and sweet treats. Here are some of my favorite real food indulgences…

Salty Snacks

No more junk food cravings - realhealthyrecipes.com

Real Healthy Plantain Chips

Comfort Foods

Sweet Treats

The recipe hacker book

Grab your copy of The Recipe Hacker for over 100 healthy comfort food recipes!

Comments

• Melissa October 16, 2014 at 10:21 am

Hi Diana, I’m a bit confused when I hear you say NO POTATO and yet some of your recipes have potato in them. I was very excited to read that you would be:

Enjoy Unlimited Veggies, Egg, Lean Meat and Fish
    Enjoy Limited Fruit
    Enjoy Limited Nuts
    Eat No Dairy
    Eat No Grain
    Eat No Legumes Or Soy
    Eat No Potato
    Eat No Sugar

because I too have issues digesting legumes and soy, potato (of ALL kinds), limited nuts, no grain, dairy etc. I was just wondering why you have potato recipes (even if they are sweet potatoes)

• Diana October 16, 2014 at 9:12 pm

Hi Melissa,

Great question. Potatoes contain anti-nutrients like saponins that can be harmful, while sweet potatoes don’t contain those substances. Also it’s good to note that sweet potatoes are best avoided when one is needing to lose weight, since they are relatively high in carbs and calories — this is why you won’t see too many sweet potato recipes on my website. Enjoy!

• Linda November 10, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Dear Diana, I am Linda and I sure do need to lose weight. Please keep me on your mailing list!
    I look forward every day to see what you are going to share with me. I enjoy everything you send!!!
    I thank you so very much.

Bless your heart,

Linda

lr3446@aol.com

• Diana December 10, 2014 at 5:54 pm

Thanks Linda 🙂 xo

• Linda December 10, 2014 at 3:35 am

Diana you are so “down to earth”. Your recipes are simple to follow and so needed. I tried to change my cooking practices on my own with limited sucess but you have made eating without dairy and gluten a breeze. Bless you! You have inspired me at 65 to be as healthy as possible and still enjoy “treats”. Thank you!,

• Diana December 10, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Thank you so much for the lovely comment, Linda! I’m so happy that you’re enjoying my recipes — keep up the healthy eating 🙂

• Dr. Claire Cummings April 7, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Dear Diana,
    I follow your blogs daily, have all your cookbooks, and absolutely love your recipes and your down-to-earth manner. I always substitute stevia, however, for almost all of the other natural sweeteners, like raw honey, palm sugar, and maple sugar. But here is the problem I cannot understand: even though I am very strict in following your advice, I do not lose weight! It is very, very frustrating! This healthy way of eating, of course, is its own reward. But why don’t the pounds come off for me? By the way, I exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, not counting housework, I alternate between walking a mile and a half, doing yoga, swimming and doing one hour of vigorous calisthenics twice a week. And I am a very active and youthful 73 year old!

• Diana April 13, 2015 at 10:52 pm

Hi Dr. Cummings, thanks so much for writing and for your kind feedback. I’m glad that you enjoy my recipes. It can sure be frustrating to be stuck in a weight loss plateau. Have you considered adding resistance training to your exercise routine? I don’t know where you are located, but if you are near a Fit Body Bootcamp location it might be worth trying it out – it’s a 30 minute workout that includes resistance training in a group setting. The workouts are always new and challenging and the floors are soft, so it’s easy on joints. Here’s the directory site: http://www.fitbodybootcamp.com/

• Betty Suttles March 13, 2016 at 1:36 am

I ordered a series of books on March 7th and all I have received is “Top 27
    Fast & Healthy Recipes”.. While this is great what happened to the rest of the order? I would love to have some of your other books but I do not have any luck with the PDF (?) or anything closely related to Acrobat.Any suggestions?

• Diana March 14, 2016 at 9:05 pm

Hi Betty,
      Send an email to RealHealthyRecipes@gmail.com with your order information and we will send you the download link you’re looking for. Thanks!