Here’s a great recipe for fall vegetables that’s quick and easy.
This works as a delicious side dish for Holiday meals, or just as a way to get more veggies into your life 🙂
Roasted Harvest Veggies
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves stripped from stem
- 2 cups frozen, shelled edamame
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- ⅛ cup yellow onion, minced
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly grease a rimmed baking pan with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl combine the sweet potatoes, butternut squash, green onions, fresh rosemary, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper. Spread over the prepared baking pan. Cook, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- While the veggies roast, bring a pot of water to boil. Add the edamame for 2 minutes. Remove from water.
- In a small bowl whisk together the garlic, remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, lime juice, minced onion, raw honey and a dash of salt and pepper.
- In a casserole dish, combine the roasted veggies, edamame, fresh corn kernels. Toss with the dressing and serve.
Calories: 162 Fat: 4 g Carbohydrates: 26 g Sodium: 36 mg Fiber: 6 g Protein: 9 g