I’ll admit it.
My favorite cheat foods are battered and fried.
Onion rings, sweet potato fries, zucchini sticks and fish tacos….
As much as I love those cheat foods, those are a once-in-a-while treat.
Luckily it’s actually quite easy to make a healthy version of onion rings that tastes as good as the real thing!
And these ones won’t give you a tummy ache 🙂
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- In a shallow bowl combine the almond meal, salt and garlic powder. In another shallow bowl whisk the coconut milk and egg.
- Dip each onion ring in the milk mixture and then coat with the almond meal mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, flip each onion ring, then return to oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.