This Mediterranean dinner is easy to put together and tastes amazing.
The turkey kebabs are high in protein, and the rest of the plate is filled with savory, fiber-filled veggies. It’s very satisfying without the waist-expanding carbs that most dinners are filled with.
- 1½ pounds turkey breast, de-boned, trimmed of skin and cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup almond meal (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of salt (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- In a food processor, blend the turkey strips until ground. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until well blended.
- Pre-heat your grill or grill pan.
- Lightly grease your hands, then press the meat into the wooden skewers until it covers about 3-4 inches in an elongated meatball shape. If the meat is not sticking then add some more almond meal.
- Grill for about 8 minutes per side.
- Wash and seed the peppers. Combine the peppers, onion cubes and cherry tomatoes in a large ziplock bag. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the veggie over 8 skewers, alternating between pepper, onion and tomato.
- Place on preheated grill for 5 minutes each side.
- Place the yogurt, lemon juice and garlic in a blender and puree on high speed until blended. While blending, slowly incorporate the mint and salt.
Serve your Kebabs with: