This past weekend was a blur of birthday festivities as we celebrated Andrew turning 7 and Chloe turning 5.
We invited all of their friends over for an over-the-top Candyland birthday party.
My challenge was finding some healthy snacks that I could fit into the candy theme. These mozzarella and tomato skewers fit the bill perfectly – mimicking the pattern of a candy cane, yet delivering some nutrients along with the fun!
These skewers are easy and festive — perfect to serve alongside Fruit Skewers. Look below for more healthy appetizer recipes.
- 10 wooden skewers
- 30 organic cherry tomatoes
- 30 small mozzarella balls
- Wash and dry the tomatoes.
- Alternately push 3 tomatoes and 3 mozzarella balls onto each skewer. Lightly salt.
- Serve in an upright container.