You know that list that you have tucked away in your mind of your favorite go-to dinner recipes — the recipes you know turn out tasting great every time, and are quick to make?
I have one too.
As much as I love to create new flavors in the kitchen, there is comfort and convenience in familiar meals.
My list of favorite dinner recipes include…Teriyaki salmon, the always yummy Spaghetti squash casserole, quick Fish Tacos, light and flaky Mahi Mahi on Sauteed cabbage, savory Olive Stuffed Meatballs and the world’s Best Cobb Salad.
Last night I put together this recipe for Herb Chicken, Arugula and Mango Salad — it was so tasty that I’m already planning to make it again next week. Even though I have a long list of recipe ideas to try…this chicken salad experience has to be repeated. Soon.
This recipe is officially at the top of my list of favorite quick dinner recipes — the whole thing is ready in 30 minutes.
There is so much going on in the flavor department…sweet mango, savory chicken, tender asparagus, tangy arugula, and my fave creamy goat cheese.
It’s high in protein, low in carbs and the kids ate it with no complaints 🙂
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon celery seeds
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lb skinless, boneless, thin chicken breasts
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 cups organic arugula
- 2 small organic mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 6 oz crumbled goat cheese
- Combine the herb marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place 1 Tablespoon of the marinade in a large ziplock bag with the asparagus pieces, and the rest in another large ziplock bag with the chicken breasts. Make sure the chicken and asparagus are fully coated with the marinade, then place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Heat a grill pan and another medium pan. Place the chicken breasts on the grill pan, and cook 4 minutes each side, until there is no longer any pink in the middle. Saute the asparagus in the medium pan, stirring often while the chicken cooks. Remove both pans from heat.
- Once the chicken has cooled, slice each breast into even strips.
- In a large bowl combine the arugula, mango slices and crumbled goat cheese. Add the cooked asparagus and the chicken. Mix and serve.