My husband and kids are nuts about peanut butter. To the point of obsession.
We are members of the peanut butter of the month club….seriously. Every month two off-the-wall peanut butter flavors show up in a box at the front door.
And on any given day you could open our fridge and find at least 9 varieties of opened peanut butter jars.
You could say that I’m living with peanut butter connoisseurs. While I enjoy a good bite of peanut butter every now and then, I could take it or leave it. But don’t leave me alone in a room with bacon or chocolate…
This peanut butter frozen yogurt recipe came as a result of our AC burning out on one of the hottest days of the summer! Made with fat free Greek yogurt, coconut crystals and unadulterated, creamy peanut butter, this recipe is the yummiest way to cool off.
- ¾ cup creamy, natural peanut butter (only use peanut butter that doesn’t contain corn syrup or sugar)
- ¾ cup coconut palm sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup filtered water
- 16 oz fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 16 oz fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- Banana for topping
- Peanuts for topping
- Combine the peanut butter, coconut palm sugar and water in a small sauce pan. Heat over very low heat, mixing constantly, until it is all melted together. If the mixture is extremely thick, then add some more water. It should be pourable. Separate ½ a cup of the sauce if you’d like to use it as a topping. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl combine both types of yogurt. Add the peanut butter sauce and mix well.
- Put in your ice cream maker and allow to run until it reaches ice cream consistency.
- Top with the reserved peanut butter sauce, banana slices and chopped peanuts.