I try to be a cool mom. I really do.
I buy the toothbrushes shaped like Disney characters. I hand out fruit flavored gummy vitamins. I even pack cookies in their lunches.
But when I tried to disguise plain Greek yogurt as whipped cream that was a losing battle.
I stumbled upon the perfect recipe for turning plain Greek yogurt into a tasty, dessert-like topping that the kids completely love! And best of all it’s low glycemic and filled with vitamins, minerals and protein.
Use Caramel Cream Topping on desserts, pancakes, or (my favorite way) by the spoonful.
Here’s what you need for 36 (1Tablespoon) servings:
- 1½ cups non fat, plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup of the yogurt with the coconut palm sugar. Mix well, however there will be some balls of coconut crystals.
- Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Remove from fridge, mix again. The coconut balls will disappear.
- Add the remaining ½ cup of yogurt to the mixture. Mix well.
- Serve immediately or chill until you’re ready to use.