Oh the bounty of summer!
Garden fresh heirloom and cherry tomatoes come in unique colors and flavors — all ripe for the pickin’ and all filled with anti-oxidant rich Lycopene.
This salad is fresh, flavorful and so simple to throw together.
Real Healthy Tomato Salad
- 1.5 lbs assorted fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Dash of cracked pepper
- 1 packet Stevia
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- Wash the tomatoes and slice the larger ones into halves or quarters. Place in a medium bowl.
- Wash the basil leaves, pat dry. Set 10 leaves aside. Chop the remaining leaves roughly and add to the bowl.
- Combine the 10 basil leaves, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, pepper, stevia and lemon juice in a high speed blender. Blend on high until fully combined.
- Pour the dressing over the tomato mixture. Chill for one hour in refrigerator. Drain off dressing and serve.
Calories: 47 Fat: 3 g Carbohydrates: 4 g Sodium: 6 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 1 g
Here are more ways to use your fresh tomatoes: