Pull up a chair and get comfortable. It’s time to get your learning on 🙂
Quinoa is quite the superfood.
Often mistaken for a grain, quinoa is actually a protein-packed seed. It’s gluten free (yay!) and is a complete protein, containing all 9 essential amino acids. It is also filled with magnesium and fiber, as if the other benefits weren’t enough to convince us.
The one drawback to this amazing food is the carbohydrate volume. While it is lower than rice or other traditional grains, it is high enough that you’ll want to limit the amount you eat.
Of course the kids need plenty of carbohydrates to support their active, growing bodies!
Most quinoa recipes are savory, so this minty, fruity salad is a refreshing twist on the nutritious-packed superfood.
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1-15 fresh mint leaves, minced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- ½ cup raspberries
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt, 1 tablespoon lime juice and the mint. Pour over the cooked quinoa and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl combine the fruit, raw honey and remaining lime juice.
- Cover and refrigerate each bowl for 2 hours, to allow the flavors to emerge, then combine the fruit with the quinoa and serve.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…
More Quinoa Recipes