Things that I love…
Sleeping while rain pounds down on the skylight. Catching sand crabs at the beach. Baking anything. My glass of wine after the kids are in bed. That feeling after a great workout. Reading an interesting memoir. My Tory Burch purse. Wedge shoes. Dark chocolate. Movies that make me cry. The California sunshine. Daffodils. The San Juan Islands. Emoji texts. The smell of freshly cut grass. Skinny girl cocktails. Holding hands with B. Scented candles. My grandma’s pendant necklace. Finding things to laugh about.
Things that I can’t live without…
Hugs and kisses from my babies. My Iphone and Macbook. A nightly dip in the hot tub. My kitchen. Date nights.
And Goat Cheese.
I have an unreasonable amount of love for goat cheese. Something about the tangy and creamy combination that just does it for me.
This recipe takes quality goat cheese to a whole new level by topping it with a sweet apricot crust. It’s the perfect no-fuss appetizer to serve at your next party.
- 1 pound organic goat cheese
- 6 Tablespoons apricot preserves
- ¼ cup pimento peppers, peeled and finely minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 6 sprouted grain tortillas, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread the goat cheese evenly into a gratin dish. In a small bowl combine the preserves, minced peppers, Dijon and sherry. Spread over the goat cheese.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet with olive oil. Scatter the tortilla wedges in an even layer over the sheet.
- Place the gratin on the top rack of the oven and the tortilla wedges on the middle rack. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Turn the broiler on for about 2 minutes, watching your gratin closely. The topping should be bubbly and lightly browned and tortilla wedges should be crispy.
- Remove gratin and tortilla wedges from oven. Serve warm.
What do you love?