Experiencing winter in southern California is a bit like living with a schizophrenic.
Gloomy and rainy one weekend and then a blazing 80 degrees the next.
To confuse us even further, our city took a great big snow blower and turned the local park into a snowy wonderland this weekend. The kids had a blast sledding and having a snowball fight.
Pancakes are a great breakfast no matter the weather. Puff pancakes are probably the easiest pancakes to make since you just pour all the batter into a pie pan and bake it for 20 minutes — no flipping necessary.
- 2 Tablespoons organic butter
- ½ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup water
- 6 organic, omega 3, free range eggs
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- ½ cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place butter in a pie plate and melt in the oven.
- Place all the remaining ingredients in blender and blend for 1 minute. Pour batter into pie plate.
- Bake until puffy and golden, about 20 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with fresh strawberries an pure maple syrup.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…