Here’s a new take on salmon that is tasty and super quick to make. The savory yogurt and tender kale go perfectly together.
Moroccan Salmon with Braised Kale
For the Salmon:
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, fat free
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or 3 frozen minced garlic cubes from Trader Joe’s)
- 1½ teaspoons ground coriander
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 (6oz) wild caught salmon fillets
For the Kale:
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 Tablespoon organic butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (10oz) bag kale, chopped (or 1 large bunch kale chopped)
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 vegetable bouillon
- Dash of freshly ground pepper
- Dash of freshly ground salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt, lime juice, garlic, spices, salt and pepper. Put half of the yogurt mixture aside in the fridge. Coat the salmon with the other half of the yogurt mixture and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- While the salmon marinates, place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the almonds and toast for 5 minutes, until golden. Add the butter and allow to brown. Add the garlic and onions and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Dissolve the bouillon in the water and then add to the skillet. Cook for another 10 minutes until tender and the liquid has evaporated.
- Place the salmon on prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes. Turn on the high broil for an additional 5 minutes until the top of the salmon has browned.
- Serve the salmon on a bed of kale with a dollop of the reserved yogurt.
Calories: 416 Fat: 23 g Carbohydrates: 9 g Sodium: 253 mg Fiber: 3 g Protein: 46 g
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…