The classic Real Healthy Recipes Almond Bread just got tastier! I create this version of the bread as a holiday treat.
Herb and Cheese Almond Bread
- 5 cups almond meal
- 1 heaping teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 omega-3, free range eggs
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup shredded cheese, separated
- 3 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced and separated
- 3 Tablespoons fresh thyme, minced and separated
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Generously grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs then add honey, vinegar, ½ cup shredded cheese, and 2 Tablespoons of each rosemary and thyme. Add the wet ingredients to dry ones and mix until fully combined.
- Fill prepared loaf pan, smooth the top of the dough and sprinkle with cheese and remaining herbs. Bake for 45 mins or until golden brown.
- Loosen side of bread immediately after removing from oven, then allow to cool completely before removing from pan.
Calories: 264 Fat: 19 g Carbohydrates: 10 g Sodium: 190 mg Fiber: 4 g Protein: 12 g
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…