Here’s a fun idea for serving fruit at a party. I signed up to bring a fruit bowl to Andrew’s Kindergarten class Christmas party, and was inspired to try something more exciting than plain old chopped fruit. The kids enjoyed the novelty and it was super easy to serve. Leftovers were quickly snatched up by the other moms 🙂
- Wooden skewers (I found these thick ones in the cake decorating section at WalMart — these don’t have pointed ends)
- 1 small watermelon
- 1 small cantaloupe
- 1 small honeydew
- 1 pineapple
- 20 large strawberries
- Slice the melons in half and use a melon baller to create red, orange and green melon balls.
- Twist the top off the pineapple, slice the skin off and cut out the tough core. Slice 20 triangular pieces, carefully cut a small X in the center of each piece.
- Use a slightly damp paper towel to wipe down the strawberries (this will prevent them from getting soggy).
- To assemble: slide 8 melon balls in alternating colors onto each skewer, top with a slice of pineapple and a strawberry.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…