Since I decided to change my eating habits from the Standard American Diet (SAD) to the Real Healthy Recipes Diet (HAPPY!) I’ve found some things easier than others to give up. I have zero interest in candy, chips and crackers, bread, and pastries, but put a plate of sweet potato fries or zucchini sticks in front of me and I will go to town on it. Obviously breaded and fried zucchini is NOT healthy, so this recipe is my way of curing that craving without any guilt 🙂
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 5 organic zucchini
- 2 organic, free range eggs
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet with the coconut oil.
- Wash zucchini and cut into french fry sized sticks.
- In a shallow bowl, wide enough for the sticks to fit across, whisk the eggs.
- In another shallow bowl, wide enough for the sticks to fit across, combine the flour, parsley, garlic powder and salt.
- Coat each stick in the egg, then dredge in flour mixture. Place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Change the oven to broil. After 5 minutes flip the sticks over and broil for another 5 minutes.
- *Tip For Best Zucchini Sticks: Use very little of the flour mixture — just enough to cover the surface, but not caked on. Allow to get very crispy before removing from oven.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…