I made this salad to compliment Thanksgiving dinner, and it was a hit! The unique lettuce types and the fall fruit are phenomenal. Try it with maple roasted pine nuts…yum.
Endive Harvest Salad
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 8 organic endives
- 2 heads organic radicchio
- 2 cups organic arugula
- 2 organic pears
- 2 organic fuyu persimmons
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- For Maple Pine Nuts: You could easily do this step the night before if you want. Warm a skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts and cook, stirring often until lightly golden. Add maple syrup. Cook for another couple of minutes, stirring constantly, until the liquid is gone and nuts are deep golden color. Transfer nuts to a piece of wax paper to cool.
- Chop the endives and radicchio and mix into a large bowl with arugula. Chop the pears and persimmons and add to bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk the mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad with dressing and sprinkle with maple pine nuts and dried cranberries.
Calories: 238 Fat: 8 g Carbohydrates: 37 g Sodium: 209 mg Fiber: 19 g Protein: 8 g
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…