I love love love fast recipes for healthy fast dinners. This recipe came together on the night before Thanksgiving, while I was in the middle of baking pies and making cranberry sauce, not wanting to spend more than 15 minutes on dinner. Try the marinated frozen cod from Trader Joe’s — it was a huge hit with the whole family. Simply put the frozen fillets in the fridge the night before or in the morning, and the rest of the meal comes together in 15 minutes flat.
- Wild Marinated Soy Ginger Cod Fillets, Trader Joe’s
- 1 lime
- 1 head living lettuce
- Guacamole, buy pre-made
- 1 cup shredded cabbage, buy pre-shredded
- Papaya mango salsa, Trader Joe’s has a good one
- Defrost frozen cod by placing in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a pan with olive oil.
- Place defrosted cod in prepared pan, cut lime in half and squeeze juice over cod. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While cod is baking, separate leaves from lettuce, being careful to keep them intact. Assemble individual tacos by putting a tablespoon of guacamole on a lettuce leaf, topped with a sprinkle of cabbage.
- Once fish is done, change oven to broil for a few minutes, watching closely until top is browned. Remove from oven and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Top each prepared taco with a piece of fish, a spoonful of salsa, and a slice of the remaining lime half.
Did you try this quick recipe? Share how you liked it below…