With only three ingredients these dates are a quick and delicious way to impress your guests–or to treat yourself. Plump dates are stuffed with creamy goat cheese then wrapped in smokey turkey bacon. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and salty. If you’re not into bacon then try the variation below with dates, goat cheese and ground walnuts.
- 20 dates, pits removed
- ½ cup organic goat cheese, any flavor
- 10 slices uncooked organic, nitrate-free turkey bacon
- *optional* ground walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove the pits from each date. Fill each date with a spoonful of goat cheese.
- Cut each turkey bacon in half. Wrap on piece around each stuffed date, and secure with a toothpick through its center. Line the stuffed and wrapped dates on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Once cooked, remove the tooth picks. The bacon will maintain its shape and will hold the date together.