Here’s a cozy recipe for fall and winter days. Tenderly braised cabbage and carrots blend perfectly with Tofurky Beer Brat slices. Your home will be filled with the yummy, comforting smell of a healthy satisfying meal.
Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin C and dietary fiber. It is even said to help lower cholesterol. So dig in!
- 1 head green cabbage
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 large carrots, sliced
- ¼ cup veggie broth
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- dash of sea salt
- dash of freshly ground pepper
- 1 package Tofurky Beer Brats, sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking pan with olive oil.
- Peel off the outer leaves of cabbage. Cut into 8 equal wedges. Arrange in prepared dish — each wedge should lay flat.
- Sprinkle the onion and carrot pieces over the cabbage. Drizzle with olive oil and evenly apply the seasonings.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 1 hour.
- Turn each wedge with tongs, add a touch of water if cabbage is dry. Replace the foil tightly and bake for another hour.
- Remove the foil, sprinkle the beer brat slices over cabbage, increase oven temp to 400 degrees F, then bake, uncovered, for additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Serve warm.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…