Best Spaghetti Squash Casserole
I am officially obsessed with this recipe, eating it for breakfast, lunch and dinner! It’s a perfect replacement for heavy pasta dishes that leave you feeling sluggish. Spaghetti squash contains omega-3 essential fatty acids, good for preventing heart disease, cancer and inflammation caused by arthritis, and omega-6 fatty acids which promotes brain function. Imagine that — a ‘pasta’ dish that is packed with many vitamins and minerals, which are required for proper functioning of the body. Almost too good to be true. Now you see why I’m obsessed
Here’s what you need:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 jar organic spaghetti sauce
- Shredded organic cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half. Scoop out the seeds. Splash inside of squash with water, then microwave each half individually for 5 minutes. Careful when removing from microwave — it will be hot. Set aside to cool.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic. After a few minutes add onion. After a few minutes add zucchini. Finally add tomatoes, basil and oregano and cook for another 5 minutes, until everything is tender.
- Scoop out the spaghetti squash and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the veggies from skillet. Pour the entire jar of spaghetti squash into the bowl and mix well.
- Place the squash mixture in a large casserole dish, top with cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is golden.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…
Powered by Facebook Comments