I am officially obsessed with this recipe, eating it for breakfast, lunch and dinner! It’s a perfect replacement for heavy pasta dishes that leave you feeling sluggish. Spaghetti squash contains omega-3 essential fatty acids, good for preventing heart disease, cancer and inflammation caused by arthritis, and omega-6 fatty acids which promotes brain function. Imagine that — a ‘pasta’ dish that is packed with many vitamins and minerals, which are required for proper functioning of the body. Almost too good to be true. Now you see why I’m obsessed 🙂
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ cup basil leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 jar organic spaghetti sauce
- Shredded organic cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half. Scoop out the seeds. Splash inside of squash with water, then microwave each half individually for 5 minutes. Careful when removing from microwave — it will be hot. Set aside to cool.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic. After a few minutes add onion. After a few minutes add zucchini. Finally add tomatoes, basil and oregano and cook for another 5 minutes, until everything is tender.
- Scoop out the spaghetti squash and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the veggies from skillet. Pour the entire jar of spaghetti squash into the bowl and mix well.
- Place the squash mixture in a large casserole dish, top with cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is golden.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…