Living in southern California, where we have a sushi joint on every corner, I’ve come to love this very veggie version of a hand roll. I mean, who really said that sushi has to have meat in it? Aaron, the owner of our favorite local place, Sushi Ten, specially makes amazing veggie-filled hand rolls for me. While his are much more gourmet and artistic than mine, here’s the recipe I use to make it at home:
- 5 soy wrappers, cut in half
- ¼ cup toffuti cream cheese
- ½ cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 3 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- ½ mango, thinly sliced
- ½ cup baby arugula
- ¼ cup pickled ginger
- 1 avocado, sliced and seasoned
- Soy sauce for dipping
- Prepare all of the veggies and arrange on a large cutting board.
- Assemble each hand roll by placing a couple of each veggie in the center of a soy wrapper. Smear a touch of tofutti on one edge of the wrapper, then roll and press down the edge to seal.
- Serve with soy sauce.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…