Ok, so I’m about 5 months late with this recipe — lol! I made this pie for 4th of July this year and had so much fun with it. The berries are fresh and in season during the summer, yum!
4th of July Pie
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 cup pitted dates
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 banana, sliced
- ¼ cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 cup strawberries, whole
- ⅓ cup dates, or date pieces, or raisins
- 1 small lemon, juice
- Lightly grease pie pan with canola oil. Grind the pecans in a food processor until coarse. Add the dates and salt, process until thoroughly combined. Press the mixture into your pie pan.
- Roll the banana slices in the shredded coconut until evenly coated. Arrange the sliced strawberries, blueberries on the pie, saving 25% to use as garnish.
- Blend the whole strawberries, dates and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over the pie. Arrange the remaining berries and banana slices on top.
- Refrigerate for about an hour before serving. Note: this pie is best exactly an hour after you make it when the berries are still super fresh, so try to make it right before dinner or right after dinner rather than earlier in the day.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…