This simple stew combines fresh autumn vegetables with protein rich quinoa. I love making a huge pot of stew and then eating it for a few days in a row.
Quinoa Harvest Stew
- 10 cups filtered water
- ¼ cup soy sauce (I use Nama Shoyu – raw unpasteurized soy sauce)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 small head green cabbage, sliced
- 4-6 medium sized tomatoes
- 4-6 small carrots
- Dash of freshly ground salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- Place the water and soy sauce in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the uncooked quinoa.
- Allow the quinoa to simmer as you prepare the vegetables. Add the veggies as you chop them, adding them in the order listed. Add the seasonings and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes.
Calories: 281 Fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 58 g Sodium: 677 mg Fiber: 11 g Protein: 11 g
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…