Just as pears usher in fall for the northwest girl in me, here in southern California it’s all about persimmons. In addition to our constant supply of fuyu persimmon from my in law’s tree, this week our CSA box had a few hachiya persimmons in it. So with a kitchen full of persimmons I did the only logical thing — made persimmon pie :0)
Here’s what you need:
- 3 cups raw pecan pieces
- 20 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 6 ripe persimmons
- Lightly grease an 8 inch pie pan with olive oil. Set aside
- Place the pecans and dates in a food processor and process together.
- Pour the agave nectar over the nut mixture and process until fully incorporated.
- Press the nut mixture evenly into prepared pie pan.
- Peel and pit the persimmons, then puree in food processor until smooth. Pour over the crust and smooth out. Garnish with chopped pecans and freshly ground cinnamon.
- Optional: Rather than a large pie, press the crust mixture into individual serving dishes and top with the persimmon mixture. Garnish and serve.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…