These days I pay closer attention to what I eat. During the week I workout at my local FitBody Bootcamp (so much fun!) so on the weekends I don’t want to compromise my results by overeating or by eating the wrong foods. This pancake recipe is packed with wholesome vegan protein to support muscle growth. Just don’t eat too many!
- ½ cup Boku Super Protein (sprouted brown rice protein, no dairy, wheat, gluten or soy)
- ½ cup garbanzo bean flour
- ½ cup almond meal (finely ground almonds)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of freshly ground cinnamon
- Dash of freshly ground sea salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 12 oz frozen butternut squash
- ¾ cup filtered water, plus ¼ cup filtered water for cooking squash
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Teaspoon of Earthbalance buttery spread
- In a medium sized pan bring ¼ cup water to a boil. Add the frozen squash, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring twice. Once the squash is fully cooked drain the water and then use a hand blender to puree.
- Pre-heat your pancake griddle and grease with a touch of olive oil.
- Combine the Boku, garbanzo bean flour, almond meal, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In another bowl combine the vinegar, olive oil, and squash. Add the dry ingredients in small batches, mixing well. Add the water and mix until smooth. Fold in blueberries.
- Cook on the pancake griddle until golden–these cakes take longer than regular pancakes to cook, so be patient. Make sure that it is browned on the bottom before flipping over. Serve with a smear of Earthbalance.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…