Udon noodles are thick wheat noodles popular in Japanese cooking. Look for the organic whole grain variety. The combination of the soft noodles and tender cabbage is delicious. Feel free to add chopped broccoli and sliced red bell pepper.
- 8oz package of organic whole wheat udon noodles
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 cups sliced purple cabbage
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Dash of freshly ground sea salt
- Dash of freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sweet paprika
- Bring a pot of water to boil, add the noodles and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cabbage and cook until very tender, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a splash of water if the cabbage starts to stick.
- In a separate pan heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and cook the onions, garlic, salt, pepper and paprika. Once tender add to the skillet of cabbage. Stir and then add the noodles, toss together.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…