While browsing my extensive collection of cookbooks I came across a recipe for waffles that called for cooked brown rice and whole wheat flour. Feeling creative, I gave it a try with cooked quinoa and brown rice flour — it turned out amazing! This is probably one of the healthiest waffle recipes on the planet!
Since it’s made with quinoa you can dress it in a savory way with bean spread and veggies or you can dress it like a regular waffle with maple syrup and fruit. I’ve tried it both ways and love it all!
- 4 cups cooked quinoa (use your leftovers!)
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 2 Tablespoons brown rice miso, mixed with 6 Tablespoons of water
- 2 cups water
- Oil for coating waffle iron
- Preheat your waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions (If you don’t have waffle iron then cook these on a skillet like pancakes). Coat with oil.
- Stir the quinoa, flour, miso and water in a large bowl until fully combined.
- Pour by the ½ cup into your waffle iron and cook until browned.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…