This dish is awesome! Have it warmed for dinner and then chilled for lunch the next day — it gets even tastier overnight!
Pineapple & Tofu Fried Rice
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, cut into thin strips
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 leek, split lengthwise and sliced
- Nama shoyu
- ½ cup dried mushrooms, soaked and sliced
- 3 carrots, cut into thin 2 inch strips
- ½ head green cabbage, finely chopped
- ½ pound extra firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup filtered water
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 3 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ginger, garlic and leek. Add a dash of Nama Shoyu and saute for a couple minutes. Add mushrooms, carrot and saute another 2 minutes. Add cabbage and another dash of Nama Shoyu. Saute until the cabbage wilts.
- Top with tofu and brown rice, add ½ cup water. Cover and reduce heat to low, cook until water is absorbed, about 10 mins.
- Remove from heat and stir in seasame oil, brown rice vinegar and pineapple. Top with green onions.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…