B and the kids and I have been relaxing on Maui for the past few days, and I decided to take a break from the fun to share a new green smoothie recipe. While on vacation I loosen up on my diet and enjoy some of the treats that are off limits at home — that being said, I still make a point to get my greens everyday. The easiest way to get greens is of course with a green smoothie. We are staying in a condo that has a fully equipped kitchen (yippie!) including a blender. While it is no Vita-Mix, with a few modifications to my Green Smoothie 2.0 recipe I was able to make it work.
Take a quick trip to the local grocery store for these simple ingredients, and you’ll be able to start each relaxing vacation day with a boost of delicious and nutritious greens.
If you don’t have access to a blender then another way to get your greens is to have a big salad as one of your meals each day. Make sure to get mixed greens or spinach — the darker the greens the better.
- 1 banana
- ½ cup unsweetened rice milk
- ½ cup local tropical juice
- Scoop of raw almond butter
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 2 large kale leaves
- Throw all of the ingredients into the blender and puree until smooth. *If the blender you are using isn’t high-speed then de-stem the kale before throwing it into the blender. Kale stem is pretty tough, and trust me you don’t want to be chewing your green smoothie in paradise
- Find a nice place to sit preferably with a view of the ocean, sit back, relax and enjoy your green smoothie in paradise!
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…