My kids love dessert, and there is nothing like the promise of a sweet treat to get even the most stubborn child to eat their veggies. The cool thing about kids (especially young ones) is that they will get excited about anything that you create when you call it dessert. Of course they want it to taste delicious and you want it to be nutritious, so this summer pudding is the perfect compromise. Made with butternut squash, a dash of coconut palm sugar and cinnamon and topped with bananas, this pudding is a total win-win.
- Bag of frozen butternut squash, cubed
- A dash of coconut palm sugar
- A dash of freshly ground cinnamon
- Sliced banana
- Cook the frozen butternut squash on the stove top according to the directions on the bag. Once it is tender mix well until it becomes creamy.
- Add the coconut palm sugar and cinnamon and mix well.
- Serve topped with sliced bananas.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…